About image reproduction
We hold images of material from across our Library and Museum Collections. We can provide digital images for both commercial and non-commercial use, subject to a licensing agreement.
- Terms and conditions of image supply and licensing can be found in our Image Policy 2020[PDF].
- Information about charges can be found here[PDF].
We can also commission photography on behalf of customers if we do not already have a digital image of suitable quality of the object(s) on file. Enquirers will be expected to meet the photography charges, and the Society will retain copyright of the image and supply under license.
Please complete our Image Request Form 2020[.docx] and email it to [email protected] Request forms should be as detailed and complete as possible, otherwise we will not be able to process your request.
We allow self-service photography as follows:
- The use of compact cameras, smartphones and tablets to photograph some collection items is permitted (no flash).
- Photographs may be used for personal research only and cannot be reused without express permission of the Society.
- Copyright and data protection laws are still applicable.
Permission must first be sought from Library or Museum staff prior to any photographs being taken.
Images of Paintings
Commercial Image Requests: Images of a number of our paintings can be obtained from Bridgeman Images. Please contact Bridgeman Art Library directly for inquiries related to using images of our paintings for publication purposes.
Images for Reference: To browse images of our paintings online, visit the Art UK website.
Photocopying is subject to the physical condition of the book or journal and to copyright law. Each item is assessed before copying and orders are accepted at the discretion of Library staff. Printed works over 100 years old may be photocopied at the discretion of Library staff. Please see the Photocopy Charges [PDF] for prices. To order a photocopy, please complete a Photocopy Request Form[.docx] and return to [email protected] (one form per item).