Our charitable objectives are to foster public understanding of our cultural heritage (national and international), to support research and communicate the results and to engage in the formulation of public policy on the care of our historic environment and cultural property. We have a long tradition of public advocacy for the material remains of the human past and we continue to draw on the expertise of our Fellows as active and respected advocates for heritage issues in Britain and abroad.
You can find our responses to various policy consultations over the past three years below:
- May 2019 – Historic England Tailored Review [PDF]
- May 2019 – Statements of Heritage Significance [PDF]
- April 2019 – UKRI National Research Infrastructure Roadmap [PDF]
- April 2019 – Treasure Consultation [PDF]
- December 2018 – HE Listing Project [PDF]
- August 2018 – AHRC [PDF]
- May 2018 – National Planning Policy Framework [PDF]
- April 2018 – A303 and Stonehenge [PDF]
- April 2018 – HLF Forward Strategy [PDF]
- March 2018 – Planning Laws in Wales [PDF]
- March 2018 – The Proposed Expansion of Heathrow Airport [PDF]
- February 2018 – The redrafted Historic England Conservation Principles [PDF]
If you wish to receive a copy of our response to an earlier consultation please contact [email protected].