Research and Travel Grants
The Society welcomes applications for funds for the support of archaeological, documentary and antiquarian research within its fields of interest from:
* Students (see Wheeler Fund )
* Early career researchers (see Research Grants, noting the Joan Pye Award)
* Established scholars (see Research Grants, Jones Fund, Janet Arnold Award )
* Independent researchers of any age (see Research Grants )
Awards are made for:
* Archaeological and Antiquarian research (see Research Grants )
* British archaeology (see Research Grants , Jones Fund )
* Study of Western Dress (see Janet Arnold Award )
* Travel (see Wheeler Fund and Lambarde Funds )
Our Grants in Action
Querns and millstones from Rouen, France.
Research funded by The Society of Antiquaries recently saw a groundbreaking study in the imports of Gallo-Roman querns into Southern and Eastern England.
See more results of our grant-giving in our research pages.
Deadline for applications: 15 January each year.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that references arrive by this deadline.
Late applications or those with missing references will not be considered.
Download a summary of the Society's Research and Travel Grants
Download a list of the Society’s grants awarded in March 2012