The Society of Antiquaries of London Online Newsletter (Salon) is a fortnightly digest of news from the heritage sector. It focuses on the activities of the Society and the contribution that the Society's Fellows make to public life. Reflecting the interests and expertise of Fellows, it covers a wide range of topics, including antiquities, archaeology, architecture, art, manuscripts, conservation, cultural heritage and more.
News and feedback for publication in Salon should be addressed to the Editor, Mike Pitts FSA, by emailing SALONeditor@sal.org.uk.
You can also subscribe to our public events bulletins, which are sent roughly quarterly.
Problems receiving Salon?
Our e-newsletter is powered by MailChimp. For some readers, Salon lands in their 'Junk' or ‘Spam’ folders. Marking the email 'not junk' or ‘not spam’, usually helps your email provider to recognise Salon as an email you wish to receive. However, with institutional emails (such as work, rather than personal emails),you may have to ask your IT department to make sure that Salon is ‘white listed’ using the information on this page of the MailChimp website.
Latest Salon Newsletter
Salon: Issue 423
Sent on: 11 March 2019View the latest SALON online now.
Inside this issue
- From the Desk of the General Secretary
- William Morris the Antiquary at Kelmscott Manor
- Winton Domesday Workshop
- Workshop II: Antiquarian ‘science’ in the early modern Academy
- 1-2 April 2019
- Hadrian’s Scrawl
- The Council for British Archaeology is 75
- Intrepid Women
- Ann Kendall, Pioneer of Archaeology and Development
- Historic English Contract May Never Return to UK
- Fellows (and Friends)
- Fellows Remembered
- Memorials to Fellows
- The Wisdom of Fellows
- Forthcoming Events for Fellows
- Forthcoming Public Events
- Regional Groups: Help Needed!
- Regional Fellows Groups
- Other Heritage Events
- Call for Papers
- Propose a Lecture or Seminar