The Society of Antiquaries is an active and respected advocate for heritage issues in Britain and abroad. Read about our responses and statements regarding policy and governance concerning material culture below. Find out more about the Society, its mission and its core objectives here.
The Society's Policy Committee is responsible for organising the Society's official response to policy consultations or statements regarding public policy in general. Find out more about the Policy Committee here.
Recent policy consultation responses or statements on public policy (also published on our 'News' feed):
- May 2018 - National Planning Policy Framework
- April 2018- A303 and Stonehenge
- April 2018 - HLF Forward Strategy
- March 2018 - Planning Laws in Wales
- March 2018 - The Proposed Expansion of Heathrow Airport
- February 2018 - The redrafted Historic England Conservation Principles
- May 2017 – Fixing Our Broken Housing Market
- April 2017 – Public Consultation on Heathrow Expansion
- March 2017 – British Academy 'Reflections on Archaeology'
- March 2017 – Public Consultation on A303 and Stonehenge
- January 2017 – Public Consultation on A303 and Stonehenge
- October 2016 – DCLG Planning Conditions
- October 2016 – Burial and Cremation Law
- October 2016 – AQA A and AS Level Archaeology Examinations
- September 2016 – Burial and Cremation Law
- February 2016 – Church Buildings Review
- December 2015 – DCMS Culture White Paper
- May 2014 – National Heritage Protection Plan Consultation
- May 2014 – Guidance on Historic Military Wrecks Outside the UK
- February 2014 – Political Policies and Archaeology
- October 2013 – The Future of Archaeological Services