14 November Ballot Results
14 November 2019
We have elected 10 new Fellows.
- Michael de Bootman. Part-time archaeologist who has completed geophysical surveys of Roman, medieval and post-medieval sites, and is currently working on the Roman pottery industries of the Nar Valley.
- Marc Allum, BA. A Fine Art consultant and auctioneer, an antiquarian, collector and broadcaster, who is a trustee of the Chippenham Borough Lands Charity and promotes sensitive heritage policies to preserve historic Anglo Saxon and medieval Chippenham.
- Andrew Sheaf, BA, MA. Enthusiastic researcher into world heritage sites, including the Silk Road and pre-1950 Tibetan Studies.
- Lorraine Mayo, BA, MA, MCIfA. Archaeologist and archaeology consultant who provides heritage consultancy advice and contributes to the ongoing management of heritage issues.
- Richard Mortimer. An archaeologist who has excavated in France, Norway and Egypt with special expertise in the archaeology of East Anglia and is Honorary President of the Fen Edge Archaeology Group.
- Dustin Frazier Wood, BA, MPhil, PhD. Lecturer at the University of Roehampton whose research focuses on medievalism and antiquarianism in the literature and culture of the eighteenth century, and who is also the Librarian and Archivist of the Spalding Gentlemen's Society.
- Spencer Carter, BA. Commercial/community archaeologist and lithics specialist, Chair of the Teesside Archaeological Society, who has led community projects in NE England promoting a sense of place, volunteer involvement, education and conservation.
- Andrew Seaman, BA, MA, PhD. Senior lecturer in the Department of Archaeology at Canterbury Christ Church University where he specialises in early medieval archaeology; he is also the Treasurer of the Medieval Settlement Research Group, and a member of the Council of the RAI.
- Federico Santangelo, PhD. Professor of Ancient History at Newcastle University specialising in Roman Republican history, ancient historiography and the history of classical scholarship.
- Andrew Honey, BA. Book conservator at the Bodleian Library whose research interests