10 Mar Ballot Results
10 March 2016
8 new Fellows elected...
We've elected 9 new Fellows:
- Peter Jones, BA. Librarian, King’s College, Cambridge (highly respected scholar of medieval medical texts and illustration, on which he has published the authoritative work; has also curated major exhibitions at Yale and Cambridge Universities).
- Timothy, Lord Boswell of Aynho, DL, MA. Legislator (Chair of the House of Lords’ European Committee, founder Chairman of the Parliamentary Archives Group, Chair of the Northants VCH Trust and President of the Northants Record Society).
- Elaine Jamieson, BSc, MA. Archaeologist, Dept of Archaeology, University of Reading (specialist in analytical earthwork survey and landscape investigation; has worked on sites of all periods, notably in the Mendips).
- Susan Irene Rotroff, AB, MA, PhD. Archaeologist (Professor Emerita, Washington University, Missouri; leading expert on Greek ceramics of the Hellenistic period; has published major contributions to the study of Classical to early Roman finds from the Athenian Agora and Sardis).
- Peter Magee, BA, PhD. Professor, Dept of Classical and Near Eastern Archaeology, Bryn Mawr College, PA (leading authority on the archaeology of SE Arabia, Iran and Pakistan; his recent book on the archaeology of prehistoric Arabia has been highly acclaimed; has lectured widely).
- Beccy Scott, BA, MA, PhD. Archaeologist, Dept of Britain, Europe and Prehistory, British Museum (internationally recognised for her research on the archaeology of Neanderthal populations in N Europe, on which she has published widely; is also organising field and archive research in Jersey).
- Hannah Fluck, BA, MA, PhD. Archaeologist, Historic England (works on environmental impacts on heritage assets; her research has focused on Middle Pleistocene lithic industries across Europe).
- Helen Lunnon, BA, MA, PhD. Lecturer in Art History, University of E Anglia (specialist in the architecture and furnishings of medieval churches, on which she has published; currently working on the medieval churches of Norwich).
- David Blackmore, BA, MA, PhD. Military historian and museum consultant (part of the team that created the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds; has published widely on arms and armour with a special focus on the Civil War).