19 Nov Ballot Results
19 November 2015
9 new Fellows elected...
We've elected 9 new Fellows:
- Lucy Whitaker, MVO, BA, MPhil. Senior Curator of Paintings, Royal Collection Trust (specialises in Italian, British, Netherlandish, French and German art; has made major contributions to Royal Collection exhibitions).
- Cameron Newham, BSc. Information Technology Consultant (has made an outstanding contribution to recording English parish churches and their furnishings, especially through his Digital Atlas of England Project).
- Ann Benson, BSc, MEd, PhD, MA, CChem. Independent scholar (expert on historical garden design and its ideologies; has published on gardens in Northants and Monmouthshire and lectures and teaches on garden history).
- Terryl Kinder, BA, PhD. Distinguished Visiting Professor in Art History, St Michael’s College, Vermont (art historian and editor; has made major contributions to Cistercian studies through her published books and articles).
- Lesley Katharine McFadyen, MA, MA, PhD. Lecturer in Archaeology, Birkbeck, University of London (specialises in later prehistory of Britain, France and Portugal; has done fieldwork in E Anglia, Orkney and Normandy).
- Colin E P Adams, BA, DPhil. Reader in Ancient History, University of Liverpool (specialises in Roman economic history; has published on transport, provincial administration and the Roman army in Egypt).
- Donald John Logan Bennet, MA, PhD. Professor of Aegean Archaeology, University of Sheffield; from Oct 2015 Director, British School at Athens (has conducted fieldwork in Crete, Greece and the islands; his publications focus on the integration of material and textual evidence).
- Kate Bennett, BA, DPhil. Lecturer in English, Magdalen College, Oxford (leading authority on the 17th-century antiquary, John Aubrey; has published widely on literary subjects).
- Kathryn A Smith, BA, PhD. Professor of Art History, New York University (specialises in the art of 14th-century England, particularly the study of illuminated manuscripts and images, on which she has published widely).