William Lambarde (1536-1601) Memorial Travel Award
This Fund was established as a result of a bequest to the Society of Antiquaries of London by Mrs M.E. Lambarde, with additional funding from the Society.
The purpose of the Fund is to support antiquarian or archaeological research by assisting with travel expenses. Grants will not normally be made toward any work being submitted for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree. A total of £2,000 is available each year, with successful applicants receiving up to £500 each.
Usual amount of award
Up to £500.
15 January annually.
This is not an grant for students.
- One reference is required.
- The Research Committee will put weight on the reasons for the application, its viability (practical and financial).
- Preference will be given to those who have not already received grants from this fund.
- If you are awarded a grant you will be expected to submit a short report on your work.
- Grants should be taken up by 31 December of the year in which they are awarded.
Apply for a Lambarde Fund Travel Award
- Please read the eligibility criteria and application requirements above.
- Please read about the 'Grant Application Process' before beginning your application.
- Download the Lambarde Award application form; you will be required to upload this form when you submit your application. Your application must not exceed the application form, plus one A4 sheet of supporting information if you wish. Your application will be considered solely on the basis of the information you provide on your application form and accompanying sheet. Before submitting your application, remember to rename your application document so that it begins with your surname (ex: 'Surname_Lambarde_application.doc'). Remember to also rename any additional documents to do the same (ex: 'Surname_photo1.jpg').
- One reference is required. Be sure to speak with your referee before submitting your application (in submitting your application online, you will trigger an automated email to your referee from our website). You will want to alert him or her of the application deadline and the information that will be necessary for completing the reference (see the 'Grant Application Process' webpage).
- Apply for the Lambarde Award Travel Award online. All applications must be submitted using this online application tool.
Past Grant Awards
The Lambarde Fund travel grant programme is competitive, and we are not always able to award grants to all applicants. Examples of projects that have received awards are available on 'Case Studies'.