Anniversary Meeting 2017
The Anniversary Meeting will begin at 15.30 and is open to Fellows only.
The Ballots for President, Treasurer and for three Ordinary Members of Council are uncontested this year and therefore will not take place (as provided for in Order no 1, para 4.2). The Fellows who are candidates for the vacant posts are:
- As President for a second term: Gillian Margaret Andrews, BA, MCIfA
- As Treasurer: Stephen Lloyd Dunmore, OBE, BA
- As Ordinary Council Members: (1) Alan Brian Lloyd, BA, MA, DPhil; (2) John Michael Maddison, BA, PhD, Hon Dr of Arts; (3) Elizabeth Mary Hallam Smith, CB, PhD, FRSA, FRHistS
The business to be conducted at the Anniversary Meeting is as follows:
- To thank the Treasurer and Ordinary Members of Council whose term of service has come to an end
- To note the election of the above named Fellows as President, Treasurer and as Ordinary Members for the period 2017-2020.
- To approve the appointment of Kingston Smith LLP as the Society’s auditors for 2017-18
- To note the names of Fellows deceased during 2016-17
- To note and thank the Benefactors of the Society for 2016-17
Guests are welcome to join us when tea is served at 16.15 (in the Council Room).
Presentation of the Society Medal to Adrian Babbidge at 17.00, followed by the President’s Anniversary Address.
The Anniversary Meeting will conclude with a Reception in the Library at 18.00 (at which guests are very welcome!).
Entry to the Reception was by ticket only (£10.00 per person).
(There is no need to book in advance for the Anniversary Meeting at 15.30, tea at 16.15 or the President's address at 17.00).