Extraordinary General Meeting
September 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Council have proposed changes to the Society’s Statutes which seek to introduce a new way in which the Society should deal in the future with allegations and complaints about the behaviour of Fellows or Trustees. In essence, this means the addition within the Statutes of a new power whereby Council can appoint an independent Ethical Conduct Body which in future will oversee and undertake all investigations into allegations and complaints and also provide for a system of appeal. The addition of this statutory power will entail some changes to how matters of individual sensitivity are dealt with under Order No. 2, and the introduction of a new Order No. 4 to define Ethical Misconduct.
In addition, Council have proposed a new Order No. 5 to take account of Covid-19 and Social Distancing measures which temporarily suspends in-person balloting for new Fellow elections, allowing for ballots to take place using only postal and online voting.
The Extraordinary General Meeting of the Society will be held in the Meeting Room, Burlington House, on Saturday, 26th September at 12.00 noon. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, attendance will be limited, but the meeting will be visible to all Fellows through live-streaming.
The business to be conducted at the Extraordinary General Meeting is as follows:
- The President’s introduction to the Statute Reforms.
- A vote by a show of hands of Fellows present in the room.
- Vote count including postal and electronic voting, and announcement of the result.
- A concluding address from the President.
- Registration is essential.
- Once you have registered we will be in touch regarding how you can join via Zoom video-calling.
- Places at Burlington House are limited. There is a seperate ticket type for this below. If restrictions on gatherings change you will be notified in advance.
- The event will begin at 12.00, British Summer Time.
If you have any questions please contact our Communications Manager on [email protected]
The Annual General Meeting will follow at 2.00 pm.