- This event has passed.
Extraordinary General Meeting
September 26, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Registration closes at 12noon on Friday 25th September
Council have proposed changes to the Society’s Statutes which seek to introduce a new way in which the Society should deal in the future with allegations and complaints about the behaviour of Fellows or Trustees. In essence, this means the addition within the Statutes of a new power whereby Council can appoint an independent Ethical Conduct Body which in future will oversee and undertake all investigations into allegations and complaints and also provide for a system of appeal. The addition of this statutory power will entail some changes to how matters of individual sensitivity are dealt with under Order No. 2, and the introduction of a new Order No. 4 to define Ethical Misconduct.
In addition, Council have proposed a new Order No. 5 to take account of Covid-19 and Social Distancing measures which temporarily suspends in-person balloting for new Fellow elections, allowing for ballots to take place using only postal and online voting.
The Extraordinary General Meeting of the Society will be held in the Meeting Room, Burlington House, on Saturday, 26th September at 12.00 noon. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, attendance will be limited, but the meeting will be visible to all Fellows through live-streaming.
The business to be conducted at the Extraordinary General Meeting is as follows:
- The President’s introduction to the Statute Reforms.
- A vote by a show of hands of Fellows present in the room.
- Vote count including postal and electronic voting, and announcement of the result.
- A concluding address from the President.
Please note that due to COVID 19 restrictions we are unsure if this event will be held at Burlington House or just live streamed. Moving forward all our lectures will be live streamed so booking is recommended to recieve the live stream link. If attendance at Burlington House is feasible it will be limited and allocated through the booking link below.
Attendance by Live Stream:
- Registration is essential.
- Once you have registered we will be in touch regarding how you can join via Zoom video-calling.
- The event will also be live-streamed privately via Zoom, you must register to recieve the link.
- The event will begin at 12pm BST
- You will recieve an email with the link to join the day before.
- Attendees’ cameras and microphones will be off initially but you can chose to turn your camera on if you wish.
- Attendees will be given the chance to comment and the moderator will allow those who wish to speak to turn on their microphones.
Attending Burlington House:
- Registration is essential.
- Those attending in person will be subject to temperature checks and will have to wear masks in the Meeting Room.
- There will be no refreshments.
- There will be no access to the Library or Fellows Room.
- Admittance to the event is only 20minutes prior.
- Fellows can not bring guests.
If you have any questions please contact our Communications Manager on [email protected]
The Annual General Meeting will follow at 2.00 pm.
Booking is now closed. If you booked for the EGM you will receive an email today with the link to join us tomorrow. If you do not receive the link by 5pm please email [email protected]