- This event has passed.
Annual General Meeting
September 26, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
ORDINARY MEETING OF FELLOWS
President’s Annual Address
Our Annual General Meeting will take place at 2pm on Saturday 26 September.
The programme for our Anniversary Meeting is detailed below. Due to Social Distancing Regulations, there is a limited capacity in the Meeting Room but all Fellows are encouraged to attend online. (Due to Government Regulations, unfortunately no refreshments can be served).
The Anniversary Meeting of the Society will be held in the Meeting Room, Burlington House, on Saturday, 26th September at 2.00 pm.
The Ballots for three Ordinary Members of Council are uncontested this year and therefore will not take place (as provided for in Order no 1, para 4.2). The Fellows who are candidates for the vacant posts are:
As Ordinary Council Members:
- Nathalie Rachel Cohen, BA, MA, FSA
- Professor John Alan Hines, MA, DPhil, FSA
- Professor Martin Millett, DPhil, FBA, FSA
The following three Ordinary Council Members have reached the end of their term of service:
- Dr John Maddison FSA (Vice-President)
- Dr Elizabeth Hallam-Smith CB, FSA, FRHistS (Vice-President)
- Dr Alan Lloyd FSA
The business to be conducted at the Anniversary Meeting is as follows:
- To thank the Ordinary Members of Council whose term of service has come to an end
- To note the election of the above-named Fellows as Ordinary Members of Council for the period 2020-2023 (see overleaf for a list of Officers and Council for 2020-21).
- To approve the appointment of Kingston Smith LLP as the Society’s auditors for 2020-21
- To note the names of Fellows deceased and amoved during 2019-20
- To note and thank the Benefactors of the Society for 2019-20
The President’s Anniversary Address will follow.
Please note that due to COVID 19 restrictions we are unsure if this event will be held at Burlington House or just live streamed. Moving forward all our lectures will be live streamed so booking is recommended to recieve the live stream link. If attendance at Burlington House is feasible it will be limited and allocated through the booking link below.
Attendance by Live Stream:
- Registration is essential.
- Once you have registered we will be in touch regarding how you can join us on YouTube.
- The event will be live-streamed on our YouTube channel here
- Places at Burlington House are limited. There is a seperate ticket type for this below. If restrictions on gatherings change you will be notified in advance.
- The event will begin at 14.00, British Summer Time.
- You will recieve an email with the link to join the day before the lecture.
- Attendees’ cameras and microphones will be off throughout.
Attending Burlington House:
- Registration is essential.
- Those attending in person will be subject to temperature checks and will have to wear masks in the Meeting Room.
- There will be no refreshments.
- There will be no access to the Library or Fellows Room.
- Admittance to the event is only 20minutes prior.
- Fellows can not bring guests.
If you have any questions please contact our Communications Manager on [email protected]
Booking is now closed. If you booked for the EGM you will receive an email today with the link to join us tomorrow. If you do not receive the link by 5pm please email [email protected]