Council meeting at Kelmscott Manor (2017)
The Society is governed by its Royal Charters and Statutes, the earliest of which date back to 1751. Its business is managed by the Society's Council (a board of trustees), which meets formally four times a year.
Council Membership 2019-2020
- Paul Drury, MRICS, IHBC (President), Chair
- Stephen Dunmore, OBE, BA (Treasurer)
- Christopher Scull, MA, MCIfA (Director)
- Heather Sebire, PhD, MCIfA, FSAScot (Hon Secretary)
- Elizabeth Hallam Smith, CB, PhD, FRHistS, FRSA (Vice-President)
- John Maddison, BA, PhD, Hon. Dr of Arts (Vice-President)
- Duncan Brown, BA, MCIfA
- Emma Carver, MPhil, FSAScot
- John Cooper, DPhil, FRHistS
- Vincent Gaffney, MBE, PhD
- Alan Lloyd, DPhil
- Samantha Lucy, PhD
- Barney Sloane, BA
- John Lewis BSc (General Secretary)
You must Log in to the Fellows’ Area for access to meeting dates.
If you have questions about governance or Fellowship, please email email@example.com.