The Society of Antiquaries of London Online Newsletter (Salon) is a fortnightly digest of news from the heritage sector. It focuses on the activities of the Society and the contribution that the Society's Fellows make to public life. Like the intellectual salons of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Europe, it aims to amuse and to stimulate debate as well as to inform. You are welcome to read Salon's editorial policy.
News and feedback for publication in Salon should be addressed to the Editor, Christopher Catling.
Problems receiving Salon?
Now that we've begun to send out Salon with a new e-delivery program, some readers have seen Salon land in their 'Junk' or ‘Spam’ folders. Usually as soon as you mark the email 'not junk' or ‘not spam’, your email client will remember this and should not
block future issues. However, with institutional emails (such as work, rather than personal emails), you may have to ask your IT department to make sure that Salon is ‘white listed’ using the information on this page of the MailChimp website. You could also provide us with a personal email address, rather than a work address.
Inside Salon Issue 315:
- Forthcoming meetings
- Ballot results: 20 February 2014
- Campaign news
- Hacksilber hoard found near Ruelzheim, in Rhineland Palatinate
- Tributes paid to Fellow Beatrice de Cardi
- News of Fellows
- And the winners of the Current Archaeology Live 2014 awards are ...
- Scotland’s First World War heritage revealed by new study
- More on the fascinating history of those tiles from the Cheshire Cheese
- Appeal for information regarding the artist Charles Allingham (c 1778—1850)
- English Heritage Research News
- Lives remembered: Henry Paget, 7th Marquess of Anglesey
- Lives remembered: Frank Greenaway, FSA
- Lives remembered: Nicholas P Brooks, FSA
- Calls for Papers
- Silbury Hill
- The History of Archaeology: an introduction
- Early Mainland Southeast Asia: from first humans to Angkor
- Wakefield Court Roll 1812—13
- Propose a lecture
You can read past editions of Salon in the Salon Archive.
Links to archived issues of Salon from Issue 293 (18 February 2013) to present
Archived issues of Salon,
May 2002 to February 2013